In Case Of Evacuation
We work hard to make sure your festival experience is exceptional, and that includes having a plan in case of emergency. Read on for a few common questions we get when we have an evacuation, and check out the emergency exit map below.
- Q: If the park has to be evacuated, is the festival cancelled?
A: Not necessarily! In case of evacuation, check this page for updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and be sure you have opted-in for push notifications from the Shaky Knees Fest Mobile App. We will send push notifications to keep you updated on the status of the festival, including any adjusted set times.
- Q: When an evacuation ends and fans are allowed to re-enter the site, how do I find out if any set times have been adjusted?
A: Updated set times will be available in the Shaky Knees Fest Mobile App, on the Schedule page of the website, and will be sent out on social media.
- Watch out for your neighbors – if someone around you looks like they need help, check in with them. If someone is getting unruly, alert the nearest staff member. Keep an eye on your belongings.
- Be considerate – this is a shared space and we want everyone to enjoy themselves. Keep the vibes chill and your hands to yourself.
- Use the buddy system – the Guest Services Tent is the designated meeting point for lost or separated people. If one of your friends is in trouble, please alert festival staff – they will assist you, no questions asked.
- Have Emergency Contact info on your person and your phone lock screen in case emergency personnel need to know (PRO-TIP: Make sure to register your wristband where you will be asked to fill out an Emergency Contact).
- Remember to stay hydrated (visit our Water Stations for free, filtered, cool water) and eat regularly at one of the Food Vendors on site or check out the Bodega near the Criminal Records stage for a quick snack!
- Protect yourself from the sun – take breaks and find shade. Sunscreen lotion, hats, and sunglasses are key.
- Keep yourself and your belongings safe – be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your personal items at all times. Lockers are available for rent near the Merch tent. If you find something OR lose something, head to a Guest Services tent for our Lost & Found.
- Bring a list of allergies and medications you take in case of medical emergency.
- Dress for the weather – we’re constantly monitoring the weather. Keep an eye on the radar before heading to the Park so you can dress accordingly (rain boots, ponchos, etc).
HOW TO GET HELP DURING THE FESTIVAL
Shaky Knees Festival wants every fan to feel safe at the fest. We will not tolerate any harassment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, body size, appearance, age or national origin. If you feel like you’re being harassed, are the victim of nonconsensual touching, or otherwise feel unsafe, please report it to the nearest staff member.
If you find yourself needing help while at Shaky Knees Fest, here are some places that can assist you:
If you or a friend need emergency assistance at the festival, go to our medical tent, shown on the map below. Be honest with emergency personnel – they are here to help you, NOT get you in trouble. If you see someone who looks like they need help, look for one of our staff members or anyone with a radio.
If you think you’ve been the victim of sexual violence or harassment, please report it to the nearest staff member or go to the Medical Tent for help. You can also speak with trained specialists from RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) at their 24-hour hotline: 800-656-4673 for resources and information.
Remember: NO MEANS NO. No matter the situation, it is never ok without consent.
COME PREPARED & LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER
Here are three easy ways to look out for yourself and those around you:
Here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for the fest:
Shaky Knees Fest works closely with local, state, and federal authorities to ensure the safest possible experience. You’ll notice uniformed and plain-clothed security throughout our site. They’re there to keep you safe, so don’t hesitate to ask them for help if you need immediate assistance.
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all fans are subject to a full and complete airport-style search prior to entry. This may include a full body pat-down and magnetometer screening before entry. If you would like to be screened by security personnel of your same gender, please let security personnel know prior to the search process. Screening of children will always take place with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Please review the Allowed & Prohibited items list for a stress-free entry process, and email email@example.com if you have questions. Security will confiscate items if they are illegal, and will not hold any items until the festival is over. If you’re bringing prescription medication, make sure the name on the label matches the name on your ID, and our medical team will clear it at the entry gate.
Bag Policy: Bags will be restricted to small purses and draw string bags and may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm).
Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are prohibited.
Camelback’s & Hydration Packs are allowed, but must be empty upon entry and will be searched.
All bags will be searched before entry.
PRO-TIP: To speed up entry, leave your bags at home, and take advantage of our No Bag Express Lanes.
REMEMBER: You’re the eyes and ears of the festival. If you see something suspicious, say something. You can always E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.